Friday, January 18, 2008

Marco!! (polo)


I finally adopted some new pets. Meet Marco. (like polo the water game? HA!) (--so I walk in the room and yell "Marco!!" --HA again!!)
ALSO ---unnoticeable in this photo is Sam, a tiny little snail. He was a GWP! (HA AGAIN!!-- oh man.) He is really very tiny, and I often have to really look for him.

Marco is not nearly as fat as I was hoping, he is a more common-ish goldfish, not a perscale, but I know that it's not kind or confidence-building / friendly to compare someone to their predecessor, so we'll leave it at that, and say one last time how much I loved Steve. What a great trooper he was, moving with me three times, once in a water bottle in the cup-holder of a U-Haul. Love you buddy, sorry I couldn't keep you alive.

I think Marco is finally getting adjusted. It's been two and a half days now, and he is finally starting to swim around, instead of just parking on the rocks at the bottom of the bowl and making me think he is dead and sunken.

I hope we will become good friends.

WELCOME MARCO AND SAM!!

No comments: