Wednesday, June 4, 2008

listen to this

Of COURSE I have suggestions! I was asked by Jen if to only buy three CD's this month, what should she buy, this was my reply:
(granted, they are tailored to her, but truth is still truth)


1. Rilo Kiley: Under the Blacklight
2. Death Cab for Cutie: Narrow Stairs
3. Delta Spirit: Ode to Sunshine

Also excellent is:
Last years' Shins album, Wincing the Night Away, if you don't already have it, I would call that number 4 to buy --if you like the Shins.
Stars: Heart --an oldie but a greatie
The Cave Singers: Invitation Songs
The Snake The Cross the Crown: Cotton Teeth
Ray Lamontagne: Till the Sun Turns Black
The Magnetic Fields: I
Loney Dear: Loney, Noir
And The Weepies dropped a new album but I haven't bought it yet, I've only heard one song, but I love that and am SURE the album will be excellent.
And of course, Vampire Weekends self-titled full-length, man it is good and dancey.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Not sure if I'm that thrilled with the new death cab yet. But I never tire of that Shins album and I LOVE Vampire Weekend.

This month I purchased the new Augustana, and Missy Higgins. They are both awesome! New Augustana album = 10 times better than old album.

jen said...

okay missy ... i have to say i, like kelly an not thrilled with the new death cab. there are a few on there that i like but i miss the 'old' death cab.

i heart vampire weekends ... so happy and summer-y.

also purchased was the relatively new shout out louds. oh my! i heart heart heart heart this album.

i had to limit myself to three but i have your list and going to try and make it to lou's next month to buy three more.

music makes my heart happy.