Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Chief

Andy's 26th Birthday was celebrated with a small dinner party that bled beer when pricked.



Way to go Champ, Way. To. Go.


Beer-Steamed Mussels --Fantastically easy, and looks fabulous. I found my mussels at Whole Foods for $4.99/lb, and used Stella Artois for the broth.

Beef and Stout Pie --I also made roughly a third of this recipe for two little meatless pots and substituted a Japanese eggplant, two small summer squashes, 4 ounces of white mushrooms and a handful of baby portabellas and criminis (I think? from my mixed mushroom bucket Ferry Building score) for the beef. I also used an extra 1/2 C of Guiness to replace the pot gleanings. --however, I think I only halved the recipe for the stilton pastry, which next time, I would use a little less of for individual pots.

Green Beans (sauteed in the leftover Stella)
Birthday Peach Cobbler (my cobbler didn't rise properly, but still tasted yum, with vanilla ice cream and sweetened whipped cream)

Thanks Sportsfans, it was a fun night.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

YUM! That is quite the gourmet meal you made! looks fantastic!