Friday, January 2, 2009

we'll take a cup of kindness yet

2008 [the year of kindness] brought:
-some new friends in, some old [new] friends out
-eight different roommates in three different apartments (all in three months!) which brought me to a different neighborhood
-a new department in a new store with new challenges
-Portugal and Spain in the spring, and Boston in the fall
-A striking realization that prompted another one, which was met with tears and healed with scissors and time.
-another year with amazing music opportunities including: Ryan Adams, Death Cab, The Cure, SeaWolf, Stars, Fujiya and Miyagi
-two seasons of kickball and a new favorite wednesday night activity
-an increased understanding of my desire and need to create
-a terrific 27th Birthday spent among true and wonderful new friends
-my first ever adventure to a tow-lot
-a LOT of shakin' it.
-the most clever of Halloween costumes yet
-Finding out I'm getting a neice next year
-six beautiful new pairs of shoes. (Minus one for losing the snake Cavallis)
-long, short and shorter hair
-Birthday Haikus
-setting up shop and selling three handbags so far on Ebay
-Hiking in Muir Woods
-finally winning a few bar tabs at Elixer's Trivia night
-a new Driver's License with a San Francisco permanent address on it
-plenty of learning, and hopefully a movement towards kindness.

Thanks 2008, you were a riot of good times, bad times, and adventures; heartbreak, healing, and growth. All in all, you were very kind to me, and I only hope I was and will continue to be kind right back.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I was going to say "what about visiting the fine city of Portland?" when I realized that was almost two years ago. wow. I sure miss you. But I am working on visiting San Fran so keep your fingers crossed.