Saturday, May 31, 2008

Chester




Tonight after work, Lara and I walked down to the Mish for a Belgian beer at Frjtz on Valencia. It turns out they took Affligem away, which was the very best thing they had going for them (it was even on DRAUGHT!). Now they are just pretty inside. Anyway, while very sleepily walking home, I found this little bird confusedly hopping on the windowsill of a shop on Valencia, and repeatedly trying to fly into the window. So I tried to pick him up, and he let me! He was so tiny and sweet, soft and weighed nearly nothing, and the very best part: HE LOVED ME!! He didn't try to fly away, and I walked four blocks until we found some nice trees to put him in on 16th at Church. I had to practically force him into the tree he wanted to stay with me. I wish I could have taken him home and loved him forever, little Chester.

I am so dead tired. Tomorrow is girls day to Sex and The City!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

this reminds me of our psuedo-pet pidgeon, Pedro.
Man, that makes me miss you, a lot.