Tuesday, June 3, 2008

so fresh and so clean clean

There is a new scent of clean to me. Well, two. With part of my tax refund, I treated myself to a helping of products from The Laundress, which I have been longing after for over a year. Gwen and Lindsey are women after my own heart who have created the most beautiful laundry products, specially formulated to care for your garments, get things clean, and look beautiful all together. I bought their Whites Detergent, their Signature Detergent, their Wool & Cashmere Shampoo, Stain Solution, a Wash and Stain Bar, and a small bottle of Crease Release.
Tonight I washed my whites, and they are so clean and smell so fresh, a new scent of fresh clean since I usually use 100% fragrance free detergents.
I also handwashed my cashmere; my scarves/pashminas, (man I love them) and my favorite argyle sweater. The cashmere shampoo is cedar scented, for obvious reasons, and I can't tell if its the wet cashmere, or the wet cashmere with cedar scent to it, but it smells like wet dog, but like clean wet dog. Like Rosie used to smell after she had been bathed, or while she was being bathed. I'm so excited for them to be cleaned. I watched The Laundress gals' video on how to best handwash your cashmere, and felt like such a pro.
I also made carrot soup tonight, it was SUCH a productive evening.
I am so in love with my new detergents, and with The Laundress in general even MORE now.
HOORAY for CLEAN!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

This makes me want to take better care of my clothes.
I really need the crease realease, how aewsome!!

eireann said...

how's the allergy? i hope it is not to these (though i will be more than happy to take them off your hands if it is) because they sound so lovely on the website.