Saturday, January 10, 2009

For Auld Lang Syne

May 2009 be the year of consistancy (as that seems to be the theme of my hopes for the year) and may I strive for these things:

-cook more, bake some.
-throw dinner parties (or participate in them)
-identify key goals and create a 3-year plan to acheive them
-bring my lunch on a consistant basis, a habit that I have gotten out of since returning downtown
-take a Zissou submarine car tour
-get involved and invest in a church, specifically a small group
-take a class (dance, yoga, pilates, a language?)
-save money NOT in a pre-set management program of any sort
-take only one cab-ride a week (or less)
-pray consistantly (thanks Jen)
-try new places
-yelp consistantly the new places I try
-bike, run, walk across the Golden Gate Bridge
-create at least twice a month
-finish Dark Star Safari
-be a better boss by inspiring my team, coaching for independance and excellence, and through continued servant leadership
-recognize all wins, no matter how small (both for my team and for me)
-write letters consistantly
-create, follow, stick-to a budget
-(this one's a secret)
-leave the country at least twice
-be no more than 10 minutes late (baby steps)
-check off at least one thing on my Adventure Goals list.
-let go and allow myself to be secure and confident in love

For 2009, goodnight, and goodluck.

1 comment:

eireann said...

cairo to capetown sounds a bit beyond adventure into scary. all that lawlessness and warfare. if you want to borrow the sheltering sky and skeletons on the zahara, not necessarily cairo to capetown but evokes the same kind of idea.

on the other hand, you would get to pass through the kalahari desert, no? which is where meerkats live. you could meet one of those and pat it on the head. and the cape of good hope has penguins.