Monday, May 19, 2008

12K = 7.3 miles

Thank you San Francisco and ING for ripping off competitive runners and thank you competitive runners for paying the high price and making Bay to Breakers possible, you guys are the best.

Wow, those Kenyans are fast, and lean and have amazing legs. Wow, what is it with old men and the idea that it's okay to walk 12K on public streets naked? Wow my calves are soo sore from walking across this perfect city and running part of the Hayes Street hill in flip flops. Wow, really "How about in thirty seconds you and I will be making out?" is your LINE?? Yeah, lets wait that thirty seconds and SEE if we're making out, really.


Hippies. (kerry, ali, krista, julia, simona, natalie)





For someone who hates and is very uncomfortable with chaos, I love the chaos that is Bay to Breakers. I love that it is the cities biggest public party and that 80,000 people are walking/running the streets, spanning the entire length of this great city in a solid mass for hours. I love how creative people are with their costumes and floats, and how I walked into some random house on Fell and used their bathroom without them knowing, and then walked right back out again, that everyone who heard the heavy thud mourned for the group who's keg fell off their float as they turned the corner onto Hayes. I love the sense of community involved in one 12K long Sunday Funday, and that the whole city gets up at 6:30am to do it.
Peace and love man, peace and love.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Biffy-you make an adorable hippie.

Um, using someone elses bathroom though? C'mon. Don't tell me you could find a suitable
B(athroom)I(n)F(orest)F(or)Y(ou).
Or at least a spanky's. I actually might have peed in someone's street/yard at that point :)

miss kerry said...

well, I had already peed behind a car once, in someone's back yard once, and there were no Biffy's on that part of the course, and it was just so easy to use someone's house... I was polite and honest, and sent thank you thoughts the whole time.