Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Muito bem obrigado

I watched City of God, finally, after having it sit on my dresser in it's red paper dress for nearly two weeks, and WOW. Intense: yes. Beautiful: YES. Interesting and captivating, brilliantly cut and beautifully shot, poignant and stingingly harsh; I couldn't help but LOVE it tremendously. I love the way it's told, broken into stories and the perpespective and how it pulls at you. Very well done. I can't WAIT for City of Men to come in July. WOW.

I immediately emailed Johnny, of course I couldn't help but think of him, our little Portuguese director-to-be, film-lover. How I hope he loves back.

Added bonus: all in Portuguese meant I got to hear and train my ear to that tricky rhythm and accent of the language that I'm not getting from the book or from not having anyone to practice speaking with.

SEE IT. And let's go to Rio, but not to the projects please.

No comments: